Monday, May 16, 2011

Wango Tango 2011

 This past weekend May 14th, I got a great opportunity to go to Kiss FM's Wango Tango, with a backstage pass. The concert was held in the Staples Center in Downtown, Los Angeles. There was a pre-show outside of the Staples Center, then the main even took place inside. I was amongst celebs...and got to witness first hand how artists prepare for a show, how they warm up, how they get pumped to go on stage, and then see them actually perform.
 Among the top dogs like J.Lo, Kesha, Britney Spears, and Cobra Starship...was newcomer and upcoming artist Sabi, who is my sister. She performed her solo song "goodnight" at the pre-show then did a huge performance with Cobra Starship at the main concert, and performed their new song " You Make Me Feel". It was such a surreal moment/experience to see my sister on a giant stage with people chanting her name. I was very lucky to have the experience i had. Watching the chaos backstage, and being right in the middle of all of it, running into celebs...watching the red carpet up close and personal, meeting my favorite artists, and being around people in the entertainment industry.
 Although my day was incredibly long, starting from 6am- ending at 3am the next day, Wango Tango weekend was so spectacular! I am incredibly inspired, and so proud of my sister! I also have a new found respect for celebs...it's not easy being in the spotlight. Hair, make-up, wardrobe, nerves, media yelling at you for your picture, but once you get on that stage...once you hear your fans I'm sure all of it is worth it.

Wango Tango 2011
me

The Outside Stage

Sabi

Me inside the Staples Center

Me and Sabi
Sabi -red carpet




Backstage

No comments:

Post a Comment